- The Vintage RC Society (VRCS) is an organization dedicated to the preservation of our radio control history - the achievements of those electronic and airframe design pioneers that made R/C one of the best hobby/sport in the world today. We do this through our bi-monthly newsletter, The Vintage Flier, and annual reunions and fly-ins.
- OUR OBJECTIVE
- Our primary objective is to fly the old RC designs, those planes that were designed for radio control. We recommend the use of modern radios and motors for reliability although vintage radios can be used if they are reconditioned to today's reliability standards. Gas power can be replaced by electric power if desired.
- WHAT AIRCRAFT ARE ELIGIBLE?
Any model airplane that employed radio control and was kitted, published or flown (attested to by the builder) and falls into one of the following classifications:
- Pioneer: Prior to January 1, 1955
- Classic: Prior to January 1, 1965
- Nostalgia: 35 years old prior to the first of each calendar year.